Forewarned doesn't mean anything

{ Tuesday, February 09, 2010 }
Well, we knew it was coming. We expected it and were warned by, well, everyone. Still, the reality of the daycare sickness is harder than we expected. And it came sooner. Just two weeks at the place, only two days without her moms, and the bean has bronchiolitis. She's miserable and has spent much of the last three days groaning or outright crying. Its certainly not helping that her moms keep coming at her with the ultimate baby torture devices--saline drops and a nasal aspirator.

I know this is not at all uncommon and that all babies go through this, but that knowledge doesn't make it any easier to see the thermometer up above 100 and to see the bean not able to nurse because she can't breathe through her nose. It breaks my heart to see her in pain and know that there's precious little I can do about it. Get better soon bean!

2 comments:

Strawberry said...

We totally feel your pain. Bronchiolitis...heck, any illness is a bitch for all involved. Best of luck getting through this.

Unknown said...

After fighting with the bulb aspirator& my then 4 month old daughter, I went on a hunt to find something better. I stumbled onto this product and it works wonders. My fear with the bulb was that it went too far up into the nasal cavity, the CLEANOZ product comes with disposable nose tips that fit perfectly my baby's nostril. I can quickly suction her nose. Since my daughter is in daycare, she is either always congested or has a runny/stuffy nose; this aspirator gets the job done quickly and harmlessly. Cleanoz works best when you also use Cleanoz saline preservative free nasal spray/drops to loosen up the mucus. It sucks all that yucky stuff out.