Knitting? What's that?

{ Friday, February 26, 2010 }
I knit for the bean like mad during those agonizing days leading up to my due date and in the first few days after, but I put the needles away during the second week I was overdue. I knew that there'd be no time for knitting after she arrived and I didn't want to leave something half finished on the needles. As it turns out, that was the wrong approach. There has been no time for planning a new project--picking a pattern, swatching and experimenting with needle sizes--but there have been a few minutes here and there where I could have picked up some work in progress and knit a few stitches. Unfortunately I had nothing, not even a half finished sock, to pick up and work on. Until now.


The bean was extra sleepy during her recent illness and, since she takes her best naps in our bed, I sat with her while she slept. And knit.


I finally decided on this little sweater (Ravelry link).






Now you may be thinking that I forgot a thing or two during my hiatus since this sweater doesn't look very sweater-like, but trust me.


Here, does this help?






See? there's a little origami involved.


I'm still working on the front lace panel, but I'm so in love with making things for the bean. There's such instant gratification involved with knitting for a baby (unless we're talking about blankets, which take about 10 years to knit). Hopefully at some point in the future, I'll have time to knit adult-sized garments.

Until then, I'll keep making bitty baby things, a couple stitches at a time.


PS You didn't think I could write a post without a picture of the bean, did you?



2 comments:

nutella said...

I can see a sweater! Can't wait to see it on the cute live model.

Val said...

Love the pics... you better not stop posting pics with each post! :)